Home Team Lunch: June Diamond Jubilee
In honour of Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee, we stepped outside for an hour of fun, food and favourite British bands.
This was the first outdoor companywide lunch of the year and possibly our best meal yet! Epicure Home Team Members celebrated beneath the sunny sky, diving right in to a delicious meal featuring grilled bratwurst, veggie dogs, pesto pasta & veggie salad and an elegant mix of garden greens and a variety of cookies.
This month we crowned our Receiving and Inventory Clerk Shannon as Star of the Month. Her first act was to play ‘tiara toss’, winning each and every HTM a new set of Locking Silicone Tongs.
Did you know?
• In an average year, the Queen will host more than 50,000 people at banquets, lunches, dinners, receptions and garden parties at Buckingham Palace. The Queen also hosts more than 8,000 people each year at investitures
• The Queen is currently patron of over 600 charities and organizations, over 400 of which she has held since 1952
• The Queen's real birthday is April 21, but it is celebrated officially in June
• The Queen has answered around 3.5 million items of correspondence (wow!)
• In 60 years, the Queen has undertaken 261 official overseas visits, including 96 state visits, to 116 different countries
• Since 1952, the Queen has conferred over 404,500 honours and awards
*Facts gathered from thediamondjubilee.org.
Bratwurst for all!
Luckily the weather was nice for our lunch.
CEO Amelia welcomed three new Home Team Members!
CEO congratulated our Star of the Month, Receiving and Inventory Clerk Shannon.
The tiara toss!
Look who showed up to our Home Team Lunch: Will and Kate! How nice of them!
Learn more about why Epicure is a great place to work.
Learn more about what we do and how we do it.